SWAG & CODES
- Mini Caramel Cow Tails
- Makerbox Alien Sticker
- Demo Trading Card
Polls for customer feedback:
Please login to view codes if you received this months UFO.
All filament samples are at least 16 meters in length.
Those looking for a sample spooler, MadMonkey designed this one and it's been my favorite so far https://www.printables.com/model/36621-expandable-sample-spool-holder
While at ERRF, I saw that FilamentPM had created different skin color shades and was working with E-NABLE, a program for 3D printer owners to create low cost prosthetic for kids and adults. I thought it to be an amazing thing and wanted to feature it this month.
Improved printing properties compared to standard PLA:
- lower printing temperature 195 °C - great for bridging and printing overhangs
- higher adhesion of layers and impact toughness - ie. that the printed object is more flexible when bending
- higher viscosity = doesn't clog the nozzle
- the material withstands insufficient cooling of the printer in a warm environment (for example in the summer months), precisely because of the lower printing temperatures used and the higher viscosity
- is suitable for 3D pens, again due to lower temperatures
- has an attractive matte finish
- check out our video on PLA+ material
PLA+ prints at a lower temperature (195°C) and better than regular PLA, while is also has a higher impact strength and better layer adhesion. Win, win, win.
PLA+ "Skin Color" Panton 480C
PLA+ "Skin Color" Panton 479C
PLA+ "Skin Color" Panton 478C
PLA+ "Skin Color" Panton 477C
Want the shiny look of real metal without the hassle? Our pure Aluminum PLA filament has the silky sheen of metal and the bold gray color of real aluminum. *Contains no metal
Superior Tolerance • Vacuum Sealed • High Compatibility • Material: PLA
Print temp: 215 C (210-220 C)
Bed temp: 0-60C
CoexNylex™ nylon 3D printing filaments bring together excellent stiffness and strength with outstanding heat, chemical and hydrolysis resistance. CoexNylex™ 3D filaments feature excellent printing characteristics including good printing speeds and lower moisture absorption than PA6 copolyamide, so you’ll get less variability during printing operations.
- CoexNylex™ Glass is a glass fiber material containing 30% glass fiber fill.
- Print on a solvent-cleaned surface heated to 85°C-110°C
- Recommended print temperature 245°C-295°C
- Part cooling fan is not recommended. It may cause layer delamination.
- Start retraction at 1-1.5 mm at 10-30 mm/sec for direct-drive extruders and 2.5 mm at 30-35 mm/sec for indirect-drive extruders.
- A hardened nozzle is recommended for glass or carbon filled CoexNylex™.
1kg of 1.75mm Taulman TECH-G filament. TECH-G is an FDA approved high strength PETG filament designed specifically by Taulman for design engineering and architectural use. TECH-G has an amazing tensile strength of 5900 PSI with a limited elongation of 3% when 3D printed.
Features and Specifications
- High Tensile Strength: 5900+ PSI
- Low Elongation: 3%
- No odors when printing
- FDA approved
- True Diameter: 1.75mm
- Opacity: 90%
- Printing Temp: 235 - 242 C
- Nozzle Size: Any
- Print Speed: ABS speeds, or slower for higher detail
- Bed Temp: 68C Max
ABS filament is an affordable 3D printing filament meant for every maker. Both rigid and impact resistant, ABS can be the perfect material for technical or industrial applications, with or without moving parts. Zyltech ABS filament is formulated to highlight the best attributes of the material, like strong interlayer adhesion and strength. Each 1.75mm ABS filament spool is perfect for projects that require reliable and temperature resistant parts.
- Print Temperature: 240±10°C
- Heated Bed Temp: 100°C
OMG WHERE IS THE ACCESSORY!?!?!?!
So this month I came across a device for the project that I thought was really awesome! With great awesomeness comes great costbility lol - the project part took up the entire Project & Accessory budget this month, but while it is a project - it is also an accessory! Read below for more information!
+Nano version of the Maker Box received an Arduino Nano
As mentioned, this project doubles as the accessory. While only the device itself is included and usable by itself, it has connections for additional components that allows for expanded functionality.
With WiFi, Bluetooth, Touch Screen and expandability - I'd love to see what else you do with it!
DSK has done an amazing job turning this device into a quick access shortcut button accessory for your computer via Bluetooth, check out his project page below as he has links for you to check out for additional functionality!
UFO Kit Contains:
- ESP32 Arduino LVGL WIFI & Bluetooth Development Board 2.8" 240*320 Smart Display Screen With Touch WROOM